Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's stuff your face weekend! and Aleksy and I lucked out and we had 3 turkey dinners this weekend.

Our first Turkey supper was on Saturday evening with my Mom's side of the fam. I was on dessert duty, which was exciting because normally my sister does the desserts, so I was able to bake for everyone! I wanted to keep with the season so I made an apple pie and a pumpkin cheesecake. They both turned out to be delicious. The pumpkin cheesecake was made from scratch (with cream cheese, whipping cream, pumpkin puree, sugar, spices) and I had intended on making the apple pie from scratch but time only allowed for me to make the apple pie filling and crumble (I bought the crust!). The apple pie filling was especially delicious though! Could have eaten that by itself. 


Before the harvest season is over, I am going to make a full apple pie from scratch! Crust & all!

Yesterday, we celebrated with Aleksys parents and family. We had he same traditional supper as Saturday night with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and veggies but Aleksys family's tradition is to have super in the middle of the day at around 1pm. I really like to eat at that time because sometimes after eating at 6pm, it feels like bedtime by 8pm! And it also gives the opportunity to stay around the table and spend time talking!

Tonight its off to Thanksgiving with my Dads side of the family. Another Turkey feast for us! Just have to make a quick dish of veggies: I'm going to brown some sliced almonds in the pan with some butter, then mix them in with french cut beans. 

Happy Thanksgiving :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment