Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Knights Game & The beginning of celebrations of the season: Mom's Halloween Party

Friday October 21st, we attended our first Knights game of the season. Aleksy got some tickets from one of the families where he tutors. They have season tickets and weren't able to attend that game. Score for us! We got 4 tickets, so we asked Al & Steph to come along. We arrived a little late after having a glass of wine at Al & Stephs, but of course, first thing upon arrival got us some beers!


I always found it curious that the cups that they give out for beer have straw holes in it. So I decided to try to be funny and ask for a straw, but the lady who was serving didn't seem to understand my humour, and gave us straws - so we went with it and drank our entire beer with a straw!

My favorite picture from the night! Whenever you want a picture of just the girls, Al becomes a wee bit jealous and pops into the picture!

During the last break, we went out on an adventure with Aleksy's money to purchase another beer (and use the ladies room, ha!) and we were hit up by some 10 year old boys to purchase 50/50 tickets. From the $20 Aleksy gave us (for allowance) and the bud light lime purchases, we had $3 left over, which we told the boys who then went over to their Dads and asked what we could do about this. We got $2 and a friendly "hello ladies" wave from the Daddys, and a full arms length of 50/50 tickets from the kids: such sweet talkers!!!

Overall, we probably watched a total of 10% of the game (max). I guess that's what happens a) when you drink beer from and straw and b) when you have 2 months of catching up to do! We'll have to go to another game and actually watch it! 

After our Knights game adventures, we went back to Al and Stephs and had some more wine and delicious nachos (and played with Moose - their adorably cute golden retriever puppy!).

The next day we had my Mom and Paul's annual Halloween Party!
 There were lots of snacks to choose from because it was a potluck and everyone brought a little something - I haven' had deviled eggs in SO long and I enjoyed every minute of consuming them! We brought some store bought desserts because I didn't get a chance to make anything: just bought cupcakes and brownies.

My Brandon was the guy from LMFAO (which I didn't know, which showed him just how cool I am at my ripe age of 25), and I youtubed it and he absolutely looked the part! But of course, I did know the song "everyday I'm shuffling!"

 Batman & Robin!!!

 Robin and the most adorable mermaid ever!! Love my niece!!
My Mom and I. She was a 1920s gal and looked all glammed up!

This was Halloween party #1, Halloween party #2 was this past weekend: Oct 29th for Aleksys birthday! Blog to come!! I got to wear my costume 3 whole times this Halloween: 2 parties and for trick or treaters on Halloween day!

No comments:

Post a Comment