Sunday, March 17, 2013

Our "Green" (St. Patty's) Weekend

We made it back from Chile and Argentina safe and sound last weekend. Although we have only been back for one week, it feels more like one month! We arrived back to 2 days of birthday celebrating for my now 5-year old niece Rachel, and now 17-year old brother! And it was back to work on Monday!

This weekend is usually the weekend that we spend celebrating "Green" day in Mississauga with Jon Jon and Nikki Nikki but this year there was a change in plans because the annual St. Patty's day was cancelled (due to saving for weddings... something I can totally relate to!). We also missed out on going to Hamilton to celebrate Natalia's 2nd birthday, which was the original plan. What I did do:
Friday:
Sam's Arbonne birthday party!
Another amazing Arbonne party where I was reminded about how important it is to be mindful of the chemicals that we put in our bodies (whether it be beauty products or even food). After an amazing facial which left my face feeling super soft and looking clear, I began rethinking all the products that I use and how I would like to continue to replace these items with products free of chemicals. To check out what I have learned through Arbonne parties and my thoughts, check out my previous blog:
http://kat-todaysanewday.blogspot.ca/2011/11/why-heck-do-we-pollute-our-bodies-so.html

Saturday:
Yesterday Aleksy and I took the day to buy some things for the house: we finally got our house number ordered and some shelving for our shower. Following this we decided to have our own St. Patty's celebrations at home... It looked a little something like this:

That would be Irish cream shots, beer in mason jars, wine (because just beer is not enough...) and some fantastic nachos... so tasty and without the St. Patty's day crowds at bars!

Today we took Travis and Trevor out for Travis's 17th birthday. We gave him the options on where he wanted to go, and he chose his fav.. Crabby's. This was our first time at Crabbys in FOREVER... We were sure to wear our green today, but Travis and Trevor were not so festive so we made them wear this headwear: the hat and headband!


And of course, a "on the house" dessert for the birthday boy! Happy Birthday to Travis!

Tonight, time for volleyball... this season has not been the hottest for wins, but last week we won our first game! 

Stay tuned for posts from our amazing 3 week Chile & Argentina trip :D

1 comment:

  1. Our St/ Patty's day was no Nikki and Jon Jon party, but I definitely got a little tipsy that night! I love nachos and beer!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete