Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bridal Shower Numero 1!

I am so so lucky and grateful to have such awesome family and friends that I was thrown 2 bridal showers! My first shower was this past weekend on June 22nd at the Lambeth lawn bowing centre. Good thing I bought about 5 white dresses to choose from for an outfit (along with about 5 white flowers for my hair...)... I was well prepared. The only thing that I couldn't quite prepare myself for is the awkwardness of being the centre of attention and opening presents in front of everyone.

All the excitement started on Saturday in preparation of the shower when me, my sis and Mom got our nails did at the nail bar on Fanshawe Pk Rd by the Home Depot. There were a few realizations from our manicures together: we all have the exact same taste in nail polish and to paint a special lacquer over our nails costs $42 at L'Mar and I'll prob go somewhere else for the wedding day. And the bachelorette...

But our nails looked pretty for the shower and are still in good repair for shower #2.
After 1.5 hours of hairspray and hair curling, my Nikki & Jon Jon arrived. My Nikki took me to my shower and Jon and Aleksy headed to the Beer & BBQ show. This is our pre-shower pic! Love my Nikki, my maid of honour so much!
We found the Lambeth lawn bowling centre easily and what helped was the sign that Aleksy's Dad Richard made with an arrow directing to Katherine's bridal shower! Balloons and all! Plus, this sign on the door. Love it.
My first shower was primarily Aleksy's side of the family and my bridal party and Mom. There are some awesome fam members that we don't see all that often, but what a great reminder how fantastic everyone is. Aleksy's aunts, cousins, great aunts were all there!
And the front table! Aleksy's Gran & his Aunt Kelly and Sophia who came all the way from Port Credit. And of course Alyssa and Nicole :)
My bridesmaids and Mom table! And our little people, Serena and Natalia, the flower girls and our newly born, Cadence (just 2 weeks old!). Love these girls!
This whole shower was put together by Aleksys Mom and Aunt! They worked so hard before and during the shower and made delicious food with a perfect setting with all of Aleksy's family members who were able to come, and to make sure that everything was cleaned up afterward.
This was the deliciousness that was served: sandwiches and salads, dips, and lots of delic desserts. With little cards that labelled the food.

Aleksys's babcia even made her delicious Babka sweet cake.
This game was fantastic with the blown up picture of Aleksys face. Everyone was blindfolded and had to try to get the moustache in the right place. Funny... because I don't think Aleksy grows hair there!
The part of the day that I was nervous about: everyone staring while I open presents. I ensured that there were other people that could be stared at right beside m too: my Nikki and sister! They made it so everything stuck together and what I received was written in the cards! I think I have this mastered for today's shower...
And my bridal party shot! With all of the ladies present... so glad I got this shot because Alyssa won't be able to make today's shower!
And I told Aleksy that he would be needed for the Grand Entrance to say thanks to the lovely hostesses, hi to the guests and steal some of the leftover food... I guessed around 3:30. But Aleksy arrived around 3:40 and everyone was gone! A bit of a late Grand entrance.. but today we have a plan that Nikki will text Aleksy to let him know when the perfect time is!

Shower #2 in 3 hours... I'm seriously the luckiest!


No comments:

Post a Comment