Saturday, February 6, 2016

Food & Wine Show

I was able to enjoy this years food and wine show more than last years!

LAST YEAR: This is the picture I took of Steph last year with her wine glass... and mine. Last year in January I wasn't yet sure if I was pregnant so I had to come up with a "masterplan" so that my Mom and Lynn (who went with us last year) didn't know we were trying to have a baby!When people know you're trying, they continuously will ask so we didn't want to tell everyone in case it took a while.

My plan was that I got wine at each booth with everyone else but then I would pour it into my sisters glass and not drink it! So Steph had to have double last yar and no one noticed at all!
This year! We went this year right at opening at noon because the crowds get bigger and bigger every year. Our mission when we first got there was to get tickets to the cheese tasting and wine tasting. We immediately signed up for the cheese tasting at 1:30pm but when we went to get tickets to the wine tasting, they were for 1pm and it interfered! So we had to go later to sign up for the wine tasting.

This is from the cheese tasting.. the cheese is so much tastier when paired with wine!
After several more glasses of wine, it was time for some food. Actually, this year we were so distracted by the delicious wine that food was forgotten about. But we should have eaten so much more to keep up with the drinks! This is the only thing we ate... and it was delicious... a jalapeno taco from true taco. We found this year that there were very limited food stands. There seem to be less and less each ear. There were a couple mexican stands and Aroma and that was about all we found.
Naturally as the day went by, things got a little more scattered and we were more distracted. I asked a lady to take our picture but with our state... this is the best we were able to get. Ha! Perhaps it was also a reflection of the picture takers state! Damn wine!
The photo booth is the best. We have a picture from every year just like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment