Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Starting off the Summer!

We have crammed in lots of summer activities already and it's just June. I think the beginning of the summer feels long because the nice weather started so early, but it's going to fly by! At least I get the whole summer off to enjoy with Mr. almost 9 months old.

We celebrated Cadences 2nd birthday the first weekend of June. It was a beautiful day and Chels had set up a bunch of water activities for the kids. Logan especially loved the water table and the pool. He's going to be pumped to go into the new kiddie pool we have for him! He even had a mid party nap in his friends crib. He's so generous giving his parents an hour to have a drink.
And on Cadences actual birthday, Logan and I went for with some birthday balloons for some birthday activities. First we did finger painting with the paint made of flour and salt but because Logan wanted to eat it in handfuls, we switched to this safer food activity: coloured ice cubes which melt in the yogurt (for finger painting) and cheerios (Logan's favourite!). I figured this was less likely to create barf.

These messy kids!

I had a great idea for Brooklyn and I to go hiking... something we haven't done in a bit. Then I went on the tourism London website to see what was going on and found that Nature London had a "nature walk" just behind Windermere at Adelaide. What they clearly meant was birdwatching. We went birdwatching.

As you can see, we were a couple years younger than the average birdwatcher but we tried to fit right in... binoculars and looking up in the trees. I even learned a couple new bird names. I forget them now.... But at least now I can say that I've been bird watching.

I have been wanting to try the Komoka hiking tail for a while and we went to give it a whirl the day after Cadence's birthday. But the problem was... we thought it was going to stop raining by the time we got there. It didn't. So we ended up waiting in the car for about 15 minutes while it continued to rain. Logan didn't seem to mind as long as he could be the driver.

So we tried again this past weekend on the Sunday and had success! The picture under here is from our Komoka hike. It's a nice one. But we only got about halfway there then headed back because it was some kind of meal time for Logan (its all about the baby's schedule). We will definitely go back sometime this summer to do he whole loop. I'd love to do more hiking this summer. It's actually an activity Logan likes! He is getting a little heavy for that carrier though...

 We also accomplished a front garden over the past couple weekends! The hard part was done by Aleksy and his brother the first weekend of the month where they dug out the garden, laid some fresh soil and planted a big red maple tree out front.

Then this past weekend, while the Logster was with his Nana and Dziadek, we planted in the garden and put down the mulch. I even helped. I put in the hostas. I am not a gardener. Unless we have a veggie garden which would be exciting for me, I don't have much interest in flowers and plants. We chose a low maintenance garden which is simple but dresses up the front a bit. The hydrangea tree will definitely help spruce things up!
Voila! Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment