Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Colour Run!

I did the Colour Run on the weekend! Well... I did the Color Run... but that looks incorrectly spelled to me.

I recruited my friend Jenny to join me for the run because I knew she was a fellow runner and this way we could get a workout while having an awesome time! I don't really need to train for a 5k race, but leading up to it I did make sure to get at least a couple runs in during the week before. On my regular neighbourhood route, I run at least 4km so I should probably be increasing my run distances but 5k is a nice distance and time to run!

The race was on Sunday morning at 9am. We had to get there early though to pick up our shirts and headbands so we were actually there about 815am. But despite getting there so so early, we didn't actually start running until 10am! Because of this line:

<----- all those people are waiting to run! Crazyness. What a crazy busy run. At least the energy in line was good... lots of music and excitement.










Along the run there were Color stations.. we could see when we were approaching one when there was a coloured archway. Then there were people with ketchup bottle looking things squirting coloured powder on the runners (and walkers... lots and lots of walkers!).. we made a point to ask to be squirted with colour and this is all the colour we got (this is us just as we are finishing the 5k!)

 It was actually the most perfect day for a run (you can see the gorgeous weather in this picture!). We finished the run at 28 minutes... timed from Jennys fitbit and they gave us these medals at the end. This is our post run picture! You can see my left arm is completely blue... I got really close to that bottle!
And my favourite: the celebratory high five!! I didn't get home until after 11am so I'm so glad I made one of my banana cocoa smoothies before I ran. I think that helped keep the energy up for the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment