Thursday, June 8, 2017

A little Monday shopping excursion

On Monday, I took the day off for a shopping day trip to Lakeside mall! Jenny and I have done this annually for a few years but we missed last year with the babies being little and the long car ride being at risk of crying babies. We usually go around our April birthdays too but because of booking work off, it ended up being June.

We left around the regular work day time - 8:30am and Jenny is always the best long drive friend because we have the best talks about work, life, relationships and everything! I was a little more enthusiastic about the way I approached my work this week, and it was totally because of Jenny!

After some (very) successful trips to DSW and Dicks Sports, which we found was actually the outlet store, we stopped for some lunch at the Chilis. And they even have the debit machine built right into the table so you dont have to wait. So brilliant.

Something about beer and salad for lunch in the summer! I am never disappointed by Chilis....
Then after lunch, we headed over to Lakeside and in Forever 21 we found everything we could possibly imagine that was perfect for Michael's 80s party!! The whole front section was pom poms, fluorescent, and these fashionable pieces. I already have my gear for the party, but if I didn't...

We crashed after the driving and shopping and got a little pick me up of some mrs. fields mini cookies and a coffee around 5 which kept us going until we left around 7pm. Shopping can be really tiring But I did manage to get new shoes for me and Logan, a new purse and scarf, new shorts for Logan and lots of new clothes! The dollar may not be the best, but the pricing doesn't work out to be that much more and there's no much more variety in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment