Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Best of July Vacation Days: The starting Weekend

July is a good time for a couple weeks vacation if I don't say so myself. The last 2 weeks of July are for spending extra time with the fam, having some new adventures, and a bit of relaxing (kind of).

The weekend that kicked off my vacation was the weekend, Aleksy and his brother started our patio. This is going to be a project over a few weekends. But it is very exciting that it's started and by the end of the summer, we will have a patio for the first time!

It took pretty much a day for them to dig out our sod and wheelbarrow it out the the massive rental box that costs way more money than I would have ever thought! It was like 300 or something...
Logan loves projects and wanted to help too. Good thing he as his own personal Costco sized shovel.

Logan having some morning break food with everyone... part of the crew... minus the egg sandwich.
While Aleksy and Andrew were working, I took advantage of a Logan/Mommy play date. Since Logan only wanted to go outside anyway but would be in the way of productivity, we headed to Springbank park on Saturday morning (that was the 15th!).


Logan went swimming in the wading pool (where we learned that toys brought from home are way more appealing to other kids at the pool and its safest to leave them home) and he played at the park and then we went for a little walk by the water and through the garden.

He's always the happiest little camper when he's outside.


And day 2 of patio prep, the gravel was filled in, so its now already to have the stone laid - after ordering more gravel twice.












Vacation Day 1

Day 1, Logan went to daycare. The only days that he was going to daycare during my holidays were the 2 Mondays! So I took the me time in the morning and went for a leisurely 10.3 k run at Springbank!
Definitely not my best pace, but at this speed I felt like I could go forever! Just over an hour, and the best kind of run!

That afternoon, I was supposed to take more me time, but I ended up cleaning the house. Maybe not the most me centered choice, but at least things are (relatively) clean around here for my holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment