Thursday, June 23, 2011

Music Festival in Burlington

This past weekend (Saturday the 18th) was the Sound of Music in Burlington. Although it sounds like something for older peeps, there was actually music to accommodate lots of tastes! We started on Brant street where we saw a fantastic country folk band and an amazing African band. Then we moved into the waterfront park area where we saw some rock/punk bands play. We even saw some bands that are popular and played on FM 96 (Toyko Police Club, Hollerado). And the best part: it was ALL for free (with the exception of the cost of beer! But even the beers were good purchases because they were a local beer, which is much better than supporting a big company like Molson).

We met up with Aleksy's aunt, and we went with her to the music festival and stayed over at her place afterward. It made me think about my good times in the Ham Town area!! Feels like I haven't been to HamTown in forever!


There were so many people at this event it was ridiculous. I'm quite sure that every single teenager living in Burlington was present that evening (good thing we spent most our time in the beer tents where they weren't allowed). Also, I'm quite sure the majority of the city of Burlington was there (seriously they had to be). I took this picture to show the swarms of people, but its difficult to see. Only 1 drink spilled on my feet and a few purse nudges through the crowd... not so bad...

This was one of the smaller stages where this punk/rock band played. They were actually really good (I forget their band name). Although it looks far away, the beer tent was perfectly situated so we could watch. I couldn't figure out whether they were from South Africa or England.

The best way to enjoy this night would have been to cruise up on my boat, anchor it beside 4 other boats that were all lined up and have drinks on the boat listening to the band wherever you chose to put your boat closest to. Man I need me a boat. That was what some of these boats were doing... and avoiding the craziness of the crowds.
Summer = sitting outside on a 25 degree day sipping beer and listening to live music!!! And we get to do it all over again at a Blink 182 concert at the amphitheater in August!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had an awesome time there with you babes! I can't wait for us to have a boat some day. Maybe not soon enough, but damn we need to get us a boat! I'm stoked for this summer, especially the blink concert!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete