Monday, July 18, 2011

Movie Excursions

Drive In
I definitely wanted to make it out at least once this summer to the drive in. I'm reminded to go to the drive in often on my drive to/from work (along highway 2) when I pass the oxford drive in. So we headed out to the Mustang on a Friday evening last weekend (July 8th) and although we thought we were seeing "Bad Teacher" followed by "Bridesmaids", in actuality we were looking at an outdated show list and we saw "Zookeeper", followed by "Bad Teacher". We weren't thrilled that Zookeeper was the first movie to be shown (but it was actually some good clean humour!), but we decided to go anyways because we wanted to see the "Bad Teacher" movie.


Maybe it was because it was a Friday and it was rainy earlier in the week, but the drive in was PACKED. I have never seen it so busy before. Also, because we are an SUV, we are forced to park at the back so we are not blocking others. But in front of us, our view was blocked by open windows, radio's placed on top of trucks, and tons of vehicles in general. Because we were literally in the very last row, we were really close to the bushes and shrubbery, which means MOSQUITOS. And it just so happens that the Jeep is wide open. Pesky mosquitos gave me a few bites on my feet and legs. And, they don't sell bug spray at the refreshment stand. Next time, bug spray will be a must. But, they did go away as the night progressed and we got through most of Bad Teacher without falling asleep, but it gets harder to stay awake until 130am these days!



Harry Potter

So I jumped on the Harry Potter bandwagon WAY late. My very first time seeing Harry Potter was on Friday July 15th. Well my first time watching a WHOLE movie anyways. Aleksy took me and my nephew Brandon to the Westmount theatre where he purchased tickets to Harry Potter in advance (on the internet). When we arrived for our 6:50pm show, there was a line up that wrapped around to the mall part of the building. We were certain that we weren't going to be sitting together, or we would get the crappiest seats available. But, as we entered the movie theatre (no wait because we bought our tickets in advance), there were quite a lot of seats. We actually arrived 10 minutes before the movie started and got seats in the very back and were not directly beside anyone. It appears all the line-ups and sold out shows were for 3D. Regular suited me just fine.


So... about the Harry Potter. It was good. It probably would have been better if I had watched the previous 6 movies and understood more of what was going on and why. However, now that I've watched the last movie, I know what happens. As much as I can say I liked the movie, I don't think I am one to join in all the fuss. I am not too into fantasy and magical things. I'm quite a realist and often things like that cause me to roll my eyes. But, it was a good, decent movie.

1 comment:

  1. We wouldn't have had a visibility problem if my Jeep sat 8" higher ;). And Harry Potter was awesome. I definitely think you should see what all the fuss is about and watch the last 7 movies!

    ReplyDelete