Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am blogging for the first time in a very long time because I was reading through my previous entries, and realizing how much I enjoy it, being able to remember what I was doing this time last year.

So I wanted to post to say Happy Thanksgiving! I like Thanksgiving because it gives an excuse for everyone to get together, catch-up and spend time together, which unfortunately doesn't happen as often as I would like. This weekend, Aleksy and I have 2 family suppers: one we had yesterday and the next with Aleksy's family is tomorrow. For tomorrows supper, my plan is to make a blackberry apple crumble... Mmmm. This is on the agenda for today: baking the crumble and purchasing pumpkin to carve. Fall weekends!


Update: My completed apple-blackberry crisp:

This is what's for dessert tonight! After our squash & burgers (not your typical thanksgiving Sunday supper!).

1 comment:

  1. Happy thanksgiving baby! I had a great weekend with you spending all our time together! My favourite day was Sunday. Pumpkin patch, and especially the delightful cinema classic, "8 Mile". :) Love you babes! Especially your ability to make delicious crumble (which looks like it has a curry topping in the picture). :)

    ReplyDelete