Sunday, January 20, 2013

Starting off 2013 right!

2013 has to be a great year, since it came in with such a bang... Aleksy and I are engaged as of New Years eve at 10:30pm!
During our first party with lots of friends and family, Aleksy got down on one knee... It took 7 years and 4 months, and it has happened!! He opted out of the midnight proposal since the champagne had already been flowing for some time and to ensure sobriety!


With this excitement comes a busy 2013 filled with wedding planning. Our plan is to be married in August 2014: August because its our anniversary month, and 2014 because it will give us some time to be able to plan (and pay for...) the wedding we want.

Goals I have set out for 2013 include:
1) Planning and paying for some of our wedding adventures
2) Incorporating more yoga, stretching, and resistance training into my work-out routine. I tend to become stuck in the cardio room and never want to leave and I'd like to do more strength training, bu I'm not a fan of doing this with weights... I prefer to use my own boy weight.
3) Blogging more... I have really fallen off this bandwagon, but each time I log on I'm reminded of great it is to be able to have many of my experiences and events documented here.
4) This goal is the "carry-on" from 2012's resolutions... these are continuous lifestyle choices that I would like to continue to make: eating fresh not processed foods. Aleksy and I buy frozen pizza, and that is the extent to which we eat pre-made foods, and I'd like to keep it that way! Also, to "continue" using my after work time productively... not becoming a couch potato Mon-Fri.

2013 Exciting Adventures:

Chile!! We have been taking Spanish lessons and we are heading to Chile in Feb-March for our friends' wedding and to explore the south region of Chile. Super excited for this! Crazy that this is in only 3 weeks...

May 2013: Florida with the family! Can't wait to spend some quality time with family members including my niece and nephew!


1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart I believe that ou are the most beautiful girl in the entire world and I love you more than anything!!!! I'm so excited that we are going to get married and I can't imagine for a moment what my life would be like without you in it. I love the time we spend together at home, with our friends, our incredible adventures together and I'm super excited for what the future has to bring us!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete