Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas, Christmas time is here!

Only 38 days until Christmas! And all the signs of Christmas have been coming up over the past couple of weeks:

The Christmas tree went up the first weekend after Halloween! I felt a little deprived not being able to put up my tree until December last year (because we moved into our house Dec 6th of last year), so I decided to get the most of my pretty tree this year.

Watching Christmas movies just isn't the same without a lit up tree in the room!
We went to the Santa Claus parade on the 9th with my sister, brother in law and niece. She was all cute with her letter for Santa with everything she wants for Christmas. I figure Christmas season is in full swing after the Santa Claus parade. After the parade we promptly went home and watched Christmas Vacation.
I thought Santa and float looked much better this year than last year! This years parade was a little lengthy I found so by the time Santa came along, I was very happy to see him. Although this year I was prepared with my 4 extra blankets.
Another sign that Christmas season is here: we woke up to this on November 12th!! This is our backyard in the morning: bright and snowy. Too bad it melted within a couple days... Great for driving, not so great for Christmas festivity.
Yet another thing that is necessary for Christmas spirit when watching Christmas movies: candy cane oreos!! So tasty.

Now, we await egg nog. We have been searching high and low and have only found the PC kind that doesn't need to be refrigerated (which is just wrong) and the Mac's kind that is like drinking 18% cream.
And Aleksy waited for a mild weekend, and non-rainy day to put up the Christmas lights. They went up yesterday! It seems that many of the other houses on our street thought yesterday was a good day for Christmas lights too, because there are quite a few on our street now!

<--- This ladder/light situation is scary to me. Safety is not guaranteed, but it looks so much nicer with the lights at the top too!




And, Christmas shopping hopefully will be started and finished in 2 weekends when Aleksy and I brave the Black Friday in the states again this year. We plan to shop overnight Thursday the 28th just like last year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that we get to spend another Christmas together!! There's so many good things about it like candy cane ice cream, eggnog, Christmas movies, and PRESENTS!!!

    ReplyDelete