Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pregnancy Announcements!

So... now that word is out that we are expecting, I want to share how Aleksy and I (really excitedly) announced the news to our friends and family on a few different days!

So, when I found out I was pregnant (or maybe even before!), I went online and bought a sperm cookie cutter... it was a very specific order.

I had this brilliant idea of presenting our news to our friends with sperm cookies!!
This was our very first announcement day! It  was so nice to tell someone after keeping the secret to ourselves for 2 weeks (which I know isn't long for most people, but for us it seemed long!). At 6 weeks, we invited over our friends Chels, Warren, Al & Steph and let them in on our secret (which they had guessed already anyways).
And we also announced with some sperm cookies a few days later to our friends Nikki, Jon Jon, Tabi and Don!
I made my announcement (solo... Aleksy wasn't there for this one) on Valentines day (well the day before) to my sister, Kenny, Rachel and Brandon with Valentines day treats and a card (treats for Brandon and Rachel!). It is really hard to find an aunt and uncle Valentines Day card... guess its not so popular to give Aunts and Uncles cards on that particular occasion!
We like baking announcements... we baked cupcakes to announce to my Mom and Paul and brothers when we went to celebrate birthdays on March 21st weekend! We brought our cupcakes with the announcement written in icing but we covered it in tin foil. I gathered everyone and said that I had made something that was a creation from Pinterest and had my Mom open the tin foil!
We did the same for Aleksys parents the next day since we were also celebrating his brothers March birthday that weekend! I made a lot of cupcakes that weekend...
This was what our cupcake announcement looked like!

Aleksys parents must not have been expecting a pregnancy announcement at all because when they opened the tin foil, it took a second for the message to sink in! Then Aleksys Mom had the best reaction and tears were shed! They were so excited! First time Grandparents!

That same day at Aleksy's parents place, Aleksys Babcia had come for dinner (the very same Babcia who whispered in my ear at Christmas to get pregnant) so when she arrived we had her read the cupcakes too! Her first great-Grandchild!
Our next announcement was on Easter weekend! On Good Friday, we went to Aleksys Gran's place for an afternoon gathering with Aleksys parents, brother, Aunt & Gran! Earlier that day, we coloured some hard boiled eggs and wrote our message on the eggs!

We sent our pictures of our announcing eggs to my Dads side of the family with Easter Greetings and that concluded our family & friends announcements! Easter weekend, we were 13 weeks!
Once most of our family and friends knew the news, we were ready to announce to our friends on facebook... We took this in our backyard to share the news with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment