Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Weekend Awesomeness

Aleksy and I are really good a filling up our weekends with plans... most of which make for some pretty sweet weekends. Aleksy likes more down time than I do, so sometimes it works out well when I make plans separate from him. On Saturday April 25th, I bought tickets for me and my little to go to the Superdogs show, which was at the Western fair.

I didn't know what to expect when I bought tickets. I saw an advertisement on my newsfeed on Facebook and suggested it to Brooklyn. And it was so good! There were a ton of little kids there and Brooklyn and I were not the majority in the crowd, but I though it was such a good show for anyone.

The doggies were so cute, I couldn't stop smiling! This picture here is 2 fluffy dogs: they called them the twins, Waffles and Syrup. They did most of the show together... with one in the front and the other practically nudging the other form behind.

The show was filled with doggies races, some dancing by the dogs, and general entertainment with the dogs as entertainers. It was a great afternoon and nice to have something new to do with Brooklyn!
And just this past weekend (May 2-3), we had the nicest weather and spent both days in the 22-25 degree weather. On Saturday, we decided to do a little something about our dead grass and top soiled and seeded our grass. It was the day to do gardening.. everyone was doing yard work. Raking sucks... I got a blister. But I was very excited to get a little sun on my shoulders.

An Sunday, we headed up to Stoney Creek to visit the Browns. We had some bbqed hamburgers for lunch before heading to the Hamilton hiking trails to see the waterfalls.

This is Aleksy, Paul and the girls on the hiking trail... such a pretty trail. This was our 2nd time doing this trail and it is definitely worth a re-visit.
After about 2 hours and a bit, we made it to the big pretty waterfall toward the end of the trail. Here's Aleksy and I by the Sherman falls (with my 17 week bump you can see in this picture!).

After our hike, I made a strong case for wanting to go out for ice cream (because the marble slab I had the night before wasn't enough!). Andzelika suggested a place on the Burlington Lakefront, so we headed there after the hike.

It was a gelato place... the best gelato I've had!! I got half peanut butter chocolate (of course) and half wildberry and it was just the best time in a cup. I wish we could have that gelato in London...

And after the best gelato ever, we headed back home to finish the weekend off with yet another bbqed supper! Love nice weather bbqs! Sunday was a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment