Sunday, July 12, 2015

Boat Weekend!

This weekend, Aleksy and I went up to the boat for some sailing. We just got back a few hours ago! Maneuvering around the sailboat is not as easy as it seems when almost 7 months pregnant. In confined spaces, you surprisingly use a lot of core muscles to get around. We headed up to Whitby bright and early Saturday morning and got there for about 10:30am. We decided not to do the usual Friday-Sunday full weekend since my sleeping patterns are somewhat unusual these days (with a body pillow, no sleeping on my back, waking up to pee and all those fun pregnant things) and I knew it would be a difficult sleep for me so we got one more day of sleep at home and drove up ourselves on Saturday (we usually just tag along in the car with my Mom and Paul). 

Saturday was great sailing weather... just the right amount of wind to get a speed of around 6 knots with lots of breeze so it wasn't too hot. We were out on the lake for about 5 hours. It was really sunny and I now have some lobster thighs.


Pregnant boating: one of the biggest differences in the usual boat weekend was the lack of drinking (for me!). What's usually a weekend with lots of palm bays & banana martinis, sometimes as early as 9am, was not the case this weekend. This was my "special, fun" drink for the weekend: Dr. Pepper! After the day out of sailing, we had some steak & veggies on the bbq for supper and some drinks and while Aleksy and Paul were out for longer, I called it a night before 11pm! The sun took a lot out of me!

Today, we had a pancake and sausage breakfast that was held at the marina then visited with Paul's Mom. She knitted our baby some adorable things! A few hours later we are now home and plan to call it an early night to catch up on sleep... I missed my body pillow last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment