Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summertime Things

I feel like our weekends have been really busy since summer started, but can't put my finger exactly on what we've been doing. I guess maybe a lot of baby prep has taken our time.. like furniture shopping, registering etc. But it is just the beginning of summer and there are lots more summer days to come. Here's what we've been up to since the nice weather has arrived:

On June 13th, Brooklyn and I went out for the Big Sister's fishing day and BBQ! This was our 2nd time around participating in this event since it's something different that we wouldn't do on our own and includes lunch. It's at a lake near Dorchester and the club that owns the lake volunteers to provide the day for matches at Big Brothers Big Sisters.

This is the first catch of the day... the fish was taken off the hook before we got the picture and Brooklyn or I weren't about to touch the fish, so someone held it out for us. We're the kinda fishers that don't touch the fish... or the worms (at all.).
And another catch! We both caught at least 2 fish each (granted, it was a stocked trout lake) so I think we're pretty good, successful fisherwomen. After you catch the fish, you send them back swimming in the lake (and in our case, we hope that we didn't hurt them with the hook).
Then we had our hotdogs an hamburgers and headed back after lunch.
On the same day, after fishing, Aleksy and I had an 80s party to attend! It is an annual party that one of my teammates holds. This is a picture of some of his crazy decorations. His whole house was absolutely covered with 80s props and decorations like this table here. It was crazy the amount of 80s stuff he has... it was a really impressive setup!

Prior to leaving for the party on the Saturday, we watched the movie "16 candles" to get us into the 80s spirit!
We had hit up the thrift stores earlier in the week and found our attire at the east end Salvation Army: I bought a number of options including a one piece jumpsuit, a dress complete with shoulder pads, and some fluorescent items. Aleksy got an old school jumpsuit & a fun floral hat from Ardene.

This was my final product of thrown together fluorescent clothing & fishnet stockings. I even found a scrunchy at Ardene...

You know its a good party when my 23 week pregnant self didn't consider leaving until 1am! My usual bedtime is more like 10pm. It's hard work making a baby.
This was our Canada Day project: baby's room. The painting is now complete with a navy blue accent wall (which Aleksy is starting in this picture) and the rest of the room gray. I'm really excited to get all the other decor up... for now we have the crib & dresser set up and the room painted. A good start when entering the third trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment