Friday, September 25, 2015

Diaper Party

The weekend just before Logan was born, Aleksy hosted a diaper party at our place. It was on Saturday September 12th. You know... just in the nick of time for Logan's arrival. It was a man only party, so I went over to my sisters and hung out for the afternoon/evening with my Mom and sister. Aleksy and I prepared for the day with preparing pork skewers, chicken burgers, and I made a massive potato salad. Aleksy's Mom helped with a caesar salad. Aleksy also got about 4 cases of beer for the occasion. We had about 12-14 guys come over: family and friends, so I was a little anxious about the cost vs. profit since it costs a lot to provide beer and food! But our family and friends were so generous that we definitely benefited from the party... everyone bought the large boxes of diapers, some brought more than one, we got wipes plus my brother got us a $100 gift card! So much preparedness for Logan.

This was the massive mountain of diapers that I arrived to when I got home Saturday night around 10:30pm. Since the party had started at 3pm, I figured maybe about half the men would have left by the time that I got home. Nope... everyone was still over and everyone was feeling pretty good. All the beer had depleted and Aleksy's Dad also brought over a Texas mickey of vodka which had a few inches off it. I broke up the party and over the next hour and a half everyone went home (so my pregnant self could get some sleep!)


The great part about the diapers was that we got a variety of sizes from 1-6! Everyone seemed to be on the pampers bandwagon, and Al & Steph were the Huggies box (just the one!). We are super prepared for many diaper changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment