Sunday, April 10, 2016

My Big 3-0 Birthday Weekend

We love Groupon. In my regular Groupon searches, I was looking at the hotel deals back in Feb/March and found that Groupon had some really crazy Niagara deals and so I made a friendly birthday suggestion that the 3 of us spend my birthday weekend in Niagara. Aleksy booked the hotel well in advance so I had lots of time to look forward to my birthday weekend away!

We booked the hotel for Friday night since the deal was way cheaper for a Friday. We got to the hotel about 7pm after stopping at the Zehrs to buy some things for supper and the next day for breakfast (we didn't know breakfast was included!).

Logan was super excited to be in a new hotel environment! This was just after we arrived... Logan with all his toys in the comfy bed. He was so happy in the hotel room!
After we ate our sushi and salad and cracked into the wine/beer, Aleksy brought out my surprise cupcakes! So delish from Hey Cupcake. Red velvet (always my fav) and smores. We had these with champagne for dessert.
This is my monster the next morning. In the bed. Did we plan for Logan to sleep in the bed? No! We had his playpen all set up and put him down a little behind schedule, about 9:30pm (he's usually down by 8:30) and he had a rough time falling asleep and staying asleep. He was up every half hour or so through the night then at 5:30am he was wide eyed awake! So overstimulated by hotel life! So I caved and put him in the bed with pillows around him and slept beside him from 6 to about 7:30am. Anythin for some extra sleep. Thank goodness for 2 beds! Guess he didn't get the memo that it was my birthday!
My monster eating my birthday present!! New running shoes!! After I opened up my present, we headed down for the free continental breakfast (where we were met by about 10 children who also wanted breakfast at the same time), then we got Logan and ourselves ready for a morning swim in the pool! I was really excited for the morning swim... we went to great extremes of packing all the swim gear for us and Logan but then it was sooooo cold. I felt so bad for Logan's shivering that he was only in for about 5 minutes.
After the brief swim, Logan was ready for his morning nap (in his playpen!) so I thought... what better time for a morning birthday beer?
All rested and ready to explore the falls. Due to extended nap times (he had a good nap... exhausted from a bad nights sleep!), we checked out after the 11am time... ooops!
And then we headed to Clifton Hill... Logan was very alert with all the music on the streets and flashy signs!
And Logan's first time at the falls! It was kind of a cloudy day, but luckily the rain/snow waited until we were heading home! It was a bit cold walking around but not as bad as last year when we were in Niagara in February!
Our last stop before heading home was to the Hersheys store. Because it was my birthday and calories don't count on your birthday, I got a delicious milkshake (serious chocolatey goodness) and chocolate AND peanut butter covered pretzels. This makes 30 feel better!

So does all the nice things everyone did for me for the birthday... birthday wine, flowers, lunch, brunch, homemade cake & supper, and today I did some shopping with my birthday money!There was definitely some prolonged celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment