Monday, April 25, 2016

Food & Fitness March & April

These past 2 months have been healthier months for Aleksy and I. The biggest healthful change that happened was we cut out our daily evening ice cream (well it was frozen yogurt... but usually had chocolates in it!) and switched it up for greek yogurt. That was pretty much the only unhealthy thing we ate (during the week... weekends are for treating yourself!), so our diet is now mostly clean! With cutting out these cheating treats, I was able to lose 5 lbs in the last 2 months, which makes it only 6 lbs until my pre-baby weight!

Since we have had so many nice days, we have been able to get out for a couple walks in Springbank park on the weekends. This is one of my favourite things to do as a family. We also bought a bike seat for Logan so we can go on a family bike rides but we are waiting for the attachment part to come in, so Logan will have his first bike ride soon!

I also go to a walking program Tuesday mornings for Moms and babies and this past week we also went to Springbank, which we are making a weekly thing!

Aleksy and I are always consistent gym goers, and our system now is we alternate days and each of us goes 3 times a week! Sometimes on an off day, we'll run because its not quite as time consuming as going to the gym. I have a 5k coming up on Mother's day so the running practice is good!

I have a fitbit. And I love it! This is my weekly stats from last week... I think this was my personal best! 14 thousand average steps per day :)

I haven't got my stats from this week yet but I wonder if they may be even better!

Lots of walks, gym going and runs. Killin it.














My new favourite go-to breakfast or snack is green smoothies! I'm addicted... My fav is mixed fruit (pineapple, strawberries, mangoes and peaches), avocado, kale, spinach, chia seeds and water. Every Day.
It's not all salads (although we eat a lot of salads...). As a weekend treat, I made us chicken fried rice this weekend! So good and mostly clean (we just wouldn't typically eat the brown rice during the week). So delicious and easy.

We also had some cheats this month like cake (multiple times), chocolate, and some meals out (I got sick after the shawarma and wont be eating it again for a long time!)... this is why we look forward to weekends! Also for drinks...
Our Saturday treat! Healthy but still fun with the Guinness cheese and wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment