Thursday, April 6, 2017

Birthday Day Celebrations

Sunday April the 2nd was such an awesome day. Aleksy planned a day at the Pinery with breakfast first to start the day. And if was the best weather for a hike - sunny and warm (well warm for Spring - maybe 15 degrees!)

These were cards from my thoughtful friends from the day before. And the sweetest cards - I need to note this in my memories.
And in the morning of my birthday, I opened presents!! I go lots of delicious chocolate and a gift card to the spa (which im using for a manicure!) and from my baby and husband I got flowers, champagne and my new special running items that I require for my new "mapmyrun" discovery.
Its not all about the gifts... but its pretty nice!
After an early morning 30 minute run, we headed out to breakfast at the Little Beaver restaurant in Komoka. Logan loved his breakfast. He ate way more than me. He ate his whole bowl of oatmeal and blueberries, a whole piece of my toast with jam, my ham, and a bit of eggs (so basically he ate my breakfast!).

They also provided colouring for a bit of distraction.
Komoka to the Pinery was really short - maybe 40 minutes so goober's nap was 30 min tops! But he really didn't mind because this boy is the happiest when outside. We got there (and ran into Al, Stpeh and kids... because they're everywhere we are!!) and found a good length of hiking trail to start: 2.6km and goes to the beach.
 Leaves are pretty awesome. It's like Fall in Spring.

Logan discovered the wonderfulness of pinecones and started his very own collection. His coat was pretty handy with having some good sized cargo pockets so through the hike, we helped him to stuff his pockets full.

There were a lot.. we couldn't pick every single one up which Logan was not such a fan of.
Large sticks help keep both the toddlers and dogs entertained through hikes! Logan dragged a few of these around - he kind of uses them as a broom (one of his favourite things - he says "broom!")

About halfway through the hike we reached the beach... and it was so cool! It was still frozen over and not moving. The waves had frozen into sand hills in the distance.

So... family selfie!
A little canned wine pre-prepared by Aleksy - because there's nothing like a mid-afternoon pinot grigio while hiking on your birthday!

After our hike, we stopped for a picnic at a picnic stop nearby. Lots of veggies, cheese and crackers left over from the wine and cheese. And some desserts to go along with it!
These little bird flew on and off our table throughout our lunch - so much entertainment for the baby (and for us!). We put out some bread pieces so they'd keep coming!
There was some taking turns of walking with the baby. He didn't walk 2.6 km! But I love this shot of us!
Birthday supper was a write off with all the crackers cheese, and snacks we ate at the Pinery - we got home around 3pm. But I didn't skip out on dessert - my birthday complete with a proper birthday cake (you know... none of this pie or cheesecake for my birthday nonsense)! And also a pretty good James Franco movie to end the night - Why Him. We loved that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment