Monday, April 3, 2017

Wine and Cheese Party!

For my 31st birthday, I sent a message well in advance to all my favourite lady friends to get their husbands to stay home with the kiddos for the afternoon and/or for some to leave the husbands at home and come to my place for an afternoon wine and cheese on April 1st. Get together are usually with kids and couples these days and I was looking for a but of a different social environment. I find this way, I can be more inclusive of my friends outside of Aleksy and my extended friend couples!

I realized that I had about 6 or 7 wine glasses in circulation and that they all don't match so I hit up the dollar store and got new wine glasses so we could all have the same glass and to keep the classiness up without plastic disposable glasses!

I also got these little tags and labelled each with everyone's names complete with gems! Personalized wine glasses.
In my invite, I asked instead of any birthday presents that everyone bring cheese and a bottle of wine! I prepared the veggies and fruit tray, made some brownies, and put out some crackers, olives and chocolate and only 1 variety of cheese and the rest was brought by others! There was jarlsberg, goat, aged cheddar, boursin, brie, curd, and caramelized onion. Yum!
All of the ladies (that could make it!). I love getting my friends together and having so many parts of my life mesh together. I appreciate all of my friendships for so many reasons and I like when they meet! As I was doing introductions I realized how diverse the background of my friendships are... friend from high school, university, previous job, current job, and through our husbands!
Everyone left before 5.. but my party people made it out late! 6pm is the new 2am. We even switched to water by this point.
This is my awesomely full wine rack post-party! I should have more of these parties... I dont have to hit the lcbo for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment