Monday, January 1, 2018

All December Christmasy Things

It was a busy month of events in December - Mostly Christmas get togethers and preparation for the holiday!

This year, we were too late to book our visit with Santa at Masonville in advance, so I tried to pick a time that there would be minimal line up. We hose the best time! I had Mondays off in December to do my Christmas baking and went right after Aleksy was done work and Logan was done daycare on Monday the 11th around 4:30pm. No line!

Logan thought Santa was pretty cool this year... from a distance of course. He didn't want to sit on his lap (and he clung to me like a spider when I tried to put him down) but was perfectly happy on the little stool beside him.
This has been the whitest December! So much snow and shovelling. This guy has his own shovel and is obsessed with helping shovel the snow. I figure 3 is a crowd so I stay warm inside while Logan and Aleksy do the hard work.
This year we hosted a Christmas PJ brunch party for our friends on the 17th. It was pretty much the best thing ever. I am the biggest breakfast fan ever so this was definitely my happy place - and with 9 toddlers (well, ages 1-4), mornings tend to be the happiest time of the day!

Look at this delciousness: a croissant bar with meat, cheese, egg salad, jam, brie & crackers, fruit, quiche, a hashbrown casserole, and in the crock pot is coconut nutella french toast with berries. Seriously worth getting fat for.
I don't even care that my legs look double their size - this boys smile is the best here! A little fruit and ham and cheese and Logan was a happy boy.

And our matching PJs we bought online! They arrived just in time (and took about a month to ship!).
This was the chaos of our living room having everyone over opening presents! So many kiddos. But a lot of fun.
Group picture - a sure sign of a successful event - everyone dressed for it!

Also, I often sit on toys for pictures.
On Friday the 22nd, Steph invited me to come along with her and Rachel to Victoria park where they were going skating! We got there around 7pm and joined all of Londons teenagers for some skating. It was my first time since New Years day!
This small niece of mine skates much better than I do! She probably made double the laps we did (at least!). I guess playing hockey build those skills..

They really do up Victoria park now -they have Santas house and a light show right beside the ice rink. Such a good Christmasy feel!
And after about an hour of skating, the zamboni came to flood the ice, so we went for a hot cocoa at Williams! The proper way to end a skating date!

No comments:

Post a Comment