Monday, January 22, 2018

Food & Wine Show 2018

This marks the 2nd time I have attended this event sober. I must say, it's a bit more fun participating in trying the wines, but I did manage to find virgin pina colodas, margaritas, caesars and some good ol' juice.

This year was the first year that they split the day into 2 parts so our entry was good for 12-4:30pm. This made it much busier than usual for us because normally we get there at noon, and it didn't get really busy until around 2! This year, to take advantage, everyone was there at 12 and there was a big (fast moving) line to get in.

My pina coloda and mini butter chicken sample... this was the first year I had my eye our for food!
This was the best find of the day. Caesars (virgin for me) topped with shrimp, cucumber and lime and doritos loaded with nacho toppings: beef, lettuce, tomato, guacamole. So amazing! And every person who passed us asked where it came from.
We also checked out the Nissan cars there because there's some breaks while everyone was finishing their wine... and there was a discovery when we were doing so. My Mom is the proud owner of a keychain from when dale downie was a Pontiac dealership. It's basically worth money now...
They've eliminated the cheese tasting now which sucks, but they still have the wine tastings! You just have to get in line... an hour before your tasting and wait for your tickets. All these processes. But we did get tickets to the wine tasting show at the end of our show shift at 3:30pm and look at all these wines I couldn't drink! I passed them along to my Mom and sister who seemed to down them pretty good. We are those people who have to sit in the back so we don't offend/annoy the other avid wine tasters...
It's a risk wearing white and drinking beside your Mom when she has red wine. Elbows everywhere.





















Further to the cheese tasting cut backs, this year there was no photo booth. This was a food and wine show classic.. so no cheese AND no photo booth now.

But they did have this little tiny booth where you could buy these post cards for a ticket or 2... it just wasn't the same though!

And even being 100% sober, I managed to lose my coat check ticket!! Luckily, they did this year in shifts so most coats were cleared out by the time we made it to pick up our coats, so I was able to get mine back but otherwise, my coat could have been a goner.

It was pretty convenient to be able to drive straight home after instead of waiting for rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment