Sunday, March 25, 2018

St. Pattys

I saw well in advance that St Patty's this year falls on a Saturday and so I decided to take advantage of the Saturday with a St. Patty's play date/party for our friends and kids!


My St. Patty's day themed food table: green punch, green jello, green fruit salad, some pinwheels (with green tortillas), green rice krispie squares and green cupcakes. Oh and lucky charms. I don't think I've had those since I was 10.
Cheers to green punch... even if there's no fun spiked goodness inside!
This is the craft that I tried to coordinate. I quickly realized theres no way to have everyone sitting and doing the craft together unless we all just sat in the living room. So we brought out the fruit loops and the shamrocks that I cut out and made our rainbow and shamrock necklaces... or tried to anyway. The string was prone to fraying and we couldn't really get the fruit loops on so the craft was a bit of a challenge for the kids!
Helping each other out with my difficult craft.
Our classic timed group shot!
Logan thought the green cupcakes were delicious. I put green food colouring in the cake mix to festive those up. 
Fruit loops seemed to the kids crowd pleaser. A lot of these kid pleasers are not pleasing for my own child: fruit loops, cookies, kraft dinner, hotdogs... even juice. My child doesn't even drink juice!

Men's large "dress" to fit over that 23 week belly!
Friends have gone home, but Logan still feeling the party! So much that he refused to nap that day and we ended up settling for a 45 minutes drive to somewhere out in Oxford County so he got some sort of a nap in before heading to my sisters for Rachel's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment