Thursday, April 4, 2019

My(Extended) Birthday Weekend!

I had such a great weekend of birthday celebrations! I went to brunch Saturday morning with my Dad and without the kiddos. It was so nice to eat at a restaurant without cutting, cleaning hands 100 times and eating my food as fast as I can... although not being with the kids feels like leaving your phone at home. I even did a bit of sneaky shopping afterward and then went to my sisters for a bday dinner they put on for us with my Mom and Paul too!

And Sunday I felt super selfish because I ran for 20 min in the morning and then went to Anderson's for yoga and beer! Yoga was at 11 and we talked for so long afterward too and bam it was 1:30!

We sipped beer during yoga... because it's part of the experience!













And Monday we left for Niagara before lunchtime and got to the hotel around 2:30pm. The drive wasn't too bad.. Leah only slept for an hour max so we had to make a stop but Logan is at a great age for road trips (pretty much only thanks to tablets). Our room was ready luckily so we had a quick drink, got our stuff from the car and put our bathing suits on!We stayed at a smaller scale waterpark hotel.. the americana and it was perfect for their ages!
Leah's ready for some waterparking!
Logan had the best time this day! He wanted to go on everything (he actually doesn't have a scared bone in his body when it comes to rides). His favourite was this: the double tube slide that goes super fast and the majority of it is pitch dark. What a crazy kid!
He went down all the slides that were open and in the wave pool but the tubes were by far the best. We each went on a bunch of times with him (both days!)
And then after some good waterpark play, we headed down to the lobby where there was a boston pizza right on site (convenient!). We got pizza and Logan ordered some spaghetti which he refused to eat when I put butter on it. Apparently he's never seen that I put butter on his noodles every time I make them... toddler problems!

It went a bit late by the time we ate our ice cream (Logan's came with it and I got it for my bday) and like party animals, we didnt get back to out room until well after 7!
And when we did get back it was cupcake time!! And the kids had some crazies in them.. especially the big one!
Red velvet cupcakes and sparkling vino... my favourite birthday staples!
2 kiddos in a bed for storytime is just the cutest ever. These two were down for about 9... Logan was super tired and fell asleep quick but the little one tossed and turned and made hilarious bababa, dadada noises for like 20 min!

We still caught a bit of tie without the kids to look at pictures and finish the bottle of bubbly!
And the for next morning, I packed breakfast foods (bananas, yogurt and muffins) so we could quickly eat before heading back to the waterpark for a bit that morning.

After Aleksy tried walking with Leah to get her to nap, which failed, Leah joined us in the water! And this day she actually liked it! She was so scared the first day... shaking because of the noise and splashing water everywhere but this day we found the kiddie pool and she was so much happier!
These were like jolly jumping swings in the pool and she loved bouncing in them!

We left the water park after noon to head down to the falls.
It was super windy outside and a bit chilly so Logan decided to have his blanket completely over his head like this for a lot of our walk (even down the coolest part of Clifton hill!).

This was just a little Leah bottle break at a hotel en route to the Hersheys store!
And we made it to the Hersheys store and the 3 of us all made little mix matched bags of overpriced hersheys goodies!
Last stop before heading home was the falls. Logan was really interested and thought the giant waterfalls were pretty cool!

The baby was completely out for the entire 2 hour drive home (because of her nap hiatus that morning and the day before) and Logan passed right out after eating his chicken nuggets! A quiet, peaceful drive home!
And my birthday supper... sushi. I wasn't feeling my usual swiss chalet and this was exactly what I wanted in replacement!

No comments:

Post a Comment