Monday, November 29, 2010

Events Continued!

Over the weekend, it came to my attention that there was something else that I have been meaning to get back into for a long time. SKATING! I absolutely intend on buying my first pair of ice skates since I was a child and making skating plans! This is a great alternative to the regular indoor winter dates that I may gravitate to like going to the movies plus its active. Perhaps boxing day sales will consist of a good inexpensive pair of skates, if I do not run into a good deal before that!

Here are a couple pictures from Friday's "Lighting of the Lights" in Victoria park. They are a bit dark because they are from my Blackberry...

Aleksy in front of the new (to this year?) little snowman family sculptures. The City of London appears to love to spend thousands of dollars on pieces of art such as this and the trees all over London. This one is actually pretty neat with the individual pieces of sheet metal welded to form the little skating men!





Some of the lit trees in the park. It was actually the first night London had a snowfall  this winter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment