Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Car Accidents and US excursions

Over the past couple weeks, London has had an obscene amount of snow (which resulted in 3 snow days last week). Aleksy's new Jeep has been very handy in the crappy weather, it drives well and we can park it in any given place when the parking spaces are full (if you look at the photo below you'll understand!).

In the Best Buy parking lot: no parking spots? no problem!

But just when we had plans to go shopping in the States, leaving at 9am, someone slid into Aleksy's Jeep in an attempt to turn right. I was driving back to Hamilton separately in my car, and I didn't look at my phone until I got to Hamilton when I learned that Aleksy was at the police reporting station because he was in an accident. After he arranged for a rental vehicle (which ended up being a Corolla - not so handy in the snow!) he headed to Hamilton. We actually did make it to Buffalo! we were there for about 4:30pm. And Buffalo had horrible weather!

We went to the Galleria Mall for the first time. It was fancier than what I had imagined. Being the huge fans of the show The Big Bang Theory, Aleksy and I were super excited to see that the mall had a "Cheesecake Factory". 

We discovered that the atmosphere was much different from what the show presents, but I had a delicious Bellini and some fish tacos.

I got some good deals at the mall and some Christmas shopping accomplished! Here are a couple other pictures from the mall:
 They actually had valet parking at the mall!
In case I forgot where I was shopping...

1 comment:

  1. Penny and Bernadette weren't working at the cheesecake factory. I was very disappointed. Buffalo smells funny too.

    ReplyDelete