Friday, April 29, 2011

Reasons I will miss Hamilton

Lets face it, Hamilton is no London. When I moved there I had an initial reaction of dislike for the city because of the pockets that are run-down with people who appear unsafe. However, as time passed, I began to like the city more and more until I decided that I really liked Hamilton after all. I guess its kind of an acquired taste. I'm very happy to be back in London but I'm going to miss a lot of things about Hamilton.

I'm absolutely going to miss...


Hess Village

There is no place like this what-so-ever in London. A line of pubs to sit outside and have a drink in the summer!!! Amazing!! Definitely going to miss good ol' Hess.







The Stairs Up the Mountain!! I loved these stairs for an excellent work out. 500 stairs up the escarpment definitely left a burn in my legs and gave me a good workout. I wish we had stairs like this in London!!

Old beautiful houses and buildings - so the picture may not do justice for the actual houses, but the bottom of the mountain is where most of the big beautiful old houses are in addition to old schools and buildings. It really is an amazing city with so much character and potential!

The proximity of Hamilton to Toronto & GTA

And while in Hamilton, you are SO close to everything cool! Concerts, Canada's Wonderland, shopping, and any city in the GTA for work would be convenient to Hamilton. London is pretty much the middle of no where! A long drive to anywhere from London...

Most of all, i'm going to miss my Social Work ladies!! no more school means a lot less face time! I haven't even seen anyone (except Nikki my Australia buddy!) since class time :(


And there are many restaurants that we discovered in our Hamilton days that were fantastic - a delic (and inexpensive!) thai place (on Cannon), Mexican place (on John), Indian place (on Main st. by McMaster) and a sushi platter for only $20!! Such good restaurants that I wish I could pick up and move with me!

But all in all, I'm pretty darn happy to be home and close to my family (and nieces and nephew!!) and friends. Plus, the living situation with the friends has been going good!! Even our animals get along!!

Kate and Piper - BFFs

Next picture, they'll be sleeping ON each other - just watch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment