Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting in the Yoga Spirit!

This year has been a good one for yoga! For the month of January, Steph and I learned early on that people who work for non-profit agencies/organizations got FREE yoga for the full month. Steph & I took full advantage of that luxury and went on average 3-4 times per week for the full month. I never knew how good (healthy & fit) yoga makes you feel until I started doing it that often. Steph & I got many people out with us, friends, Steph's husband Al & Aleksy!! And everyone loves it. Now I know if at anytime I have one month to get fit, all I need is unlimited yoga and go 3-4 times a week and i will have success! 


So much time together doing yoga that we even dress the same!

We have been doing all our yoga at Moksha PLUS they just opened a new studio at Wonderland & Southdale and had a free week of yoga for their first week being open! We went three times in the first week, but it was ridiculously busy with all the advertising that the studio did so my mat was about 2 inches from the person beside me. I like to have more space than that so it was a bit frustrating! We went on the opening day on the 11th (which was the best yoga class that I ever did - they had 2 instructors in the room, one instructing and the other adjusting!) and they had snacks, starbucks iced tea, we entered a draw to win a Mini for a weekend (I dont think we won...), and we got 2 for 1 Yoyos ice cream (which we took advantage of that night when we went skating in Vic park with Al & Steph). Pretty sweet deal!

Now that I have Aleksy going, we are definitely going to incorporate yoga into our weekly workout routine at least once per week (it is a little expensive to do it more than that at $12-18 per class depending on whether you buy a 10 pass or not) and for the month of March, Steph and I are going to do the unlimited month at $40 (although we have been going for a while, we havent bought the beginners one month unlimited and we were informed we still can!). It's going to be a good year for yoga & fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment