Friday, February 10, 2012

Our Weekend Ski Adventure at Blue!

The weekend on Jan 20-22 a group of us headed up to Blue for the anticipated Blue Mountain trip, which we have been planning for some time. We rented out a condo at the resort which was a 3 bedroom condo with a full living room with pull out couch, full kitchen and dining room. We stayed at Rivergrass which is located just outside the village at Blue. We left on Friday after work and checked in around 8pm. We drove over to where our condo was and those of us that arrived first called our rooms! Since Aleksy and I made the arrangements for the trip, we were lucky to get the master bedroom. And the master bedroom was massive! Everything was on the main level, then you go upstairs and the entire upstairs is the master with an ensuite bathroom! Pretty sweet! Once everyone arrived, we did some groceries for the weekend for all 9 of us with all the staples, PB &jam, bread, fruit & veggies and fajitas for Saturdays supper! The first night we chilled in our condo and had some drinks!


Saturday was our big ski/boarding day - we got up early around the 8am hour, had some breakfast then headed out on the hills for 10am. We split into 2 groups - Aleksy, Craig and I went together and Sam, Zac, Abby, and Nash went another way. It was amazing weather for skiing! about -5 and fluffy snow! We headed back to our condo about 2pm for some lunch (to avoid the expensive cost of the lunch in the village - PB & J it is!). This is the boys heading up to our condo
I didn't realize how much skiing had pooped me out until we got back to the condo. We had about an hour break and I found it hard to get motivated to get back on the hills! But we eventually made it back out for a few more runs. My legs didn't fall off, which I half expected.


Did I mention that Saturdays are RIDICULOUSLY busy at Blue??? We waited FOREVER in line here - yes this is a picture of where we are in line. It was about 20 min of waiting time before even getting to on the chairlift.
We decided to avoid the large crowds and went over to the south base thinking that less people would be over there considering "Happy Valley" is the only green hill, which meant that there were a ton of people on it! Aleksy absolutely convinced me (after already falling once on Happy Valley - because of someone else who fell in front of me) that I was really good and definitely could do any of the hills at South base. I definitely fell a couple time - one of the times losing my ski and going down the hill on my tummy face first: thanks for the encouragement that I'm awesome Aleksy. Obviously you were just looking to go on the big hills!

Saturday night we headed back to the condo around 7pm ish and made some supper. It was a very exhausting day and although we had big plan to head to the Village for some partying, we never made it out of our condo - we ended up playing 'catch phrase' instead - tons of fun!! I love games!!

I was concerned the next day that I wasn't going to have enough energy to ski, but I ended up doing lots! We went back out on the South base blue hills and I really improved my skills that day going down. I didn't fall at all on Sunday!


This is Aleksy trying out his tricks at the mini park. I also got a video of Aleksy and Zac racing down the hill (which for Aleksy's sake, I won't tell who lost... ha!)

One of my favorite parts of skiing, is taking an afternoon coffee break in the chalet (with half coffee and half french vanilla!);. I think its just as important as skiing to the weekend events!


As you can see, I was a little different from the others on our weekend adventure.
Everyone!! On the last day before we left I was determined to get a group shot! This is the last day (Sunday) just before heading up to the hills! For the low price of $210 per person for ski & stay the whole weekend, we should def make it a regular event! So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment