Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter treats!

Last weekend was the long Easter weekend and since I had a little extra time with the extra day, I decided to take my Good Friday and bake some Easter treats! Buying chocolate for my nieces is boring, so I thought I would give them birds nests instead: These are super simple, I melted semisweet chocolate chips and peanut butter on the stove top on low, mixed in corn flakes and put them into a muffin pan!


I wanted to bring a little dessert to Easter dinner (which we had on Good Friday at my Mom's place) so after some searching on the internet for ideas, I decided to make little shortbread bunnies. These would have been a lot easier with a bunny cookie cutter!


And my platter for Easter dinner... nothing fancy for dessert but cute.

After our Good Friday supper, we had friends over for supper on Saturday (and made some "Easter" chili), impromptu stag & doe that Saturday night, Sunday Easter afternoon dinner with Aleksy's parents, then we had my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece over for some bbq Easter Sunday dinner (not so traditional, but some good company!).

And later today... my birthday celebration! Prep time...

No comments:

Post a Comment