Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Amazing 27th Birthday!

This year my actual birthday this year fell on a Tuesday so I decided to take the day off work and do things for myself. On my birthday day I went to the gym, went for a massage, got a tan, and had my haircut! I then went home and waited for Aleksy to get home from work for some evening birthday celebrations.
We made arrangements for the big celebration to be on Saturday the 6th, since everyone else works during the week too!

When Aleksy got home from work on my birthday, he surprised me for supper with my FAVOURITE supper of life!! Mmmm Swiss Chalet! Perogies and quarter chicken dinnes. And my favourite red wine: Jackson Triggs Meritage... a perfect birthday supper!
On Saturday, for my birthday party, Aleksy made arrangements for our friend Tabi to make my birthday cake. Tabi is just friggin amazing. Aleksy asked for a princess birthday cake and this is my amazing cake that Tabi made! Each layer was a different flavour and each layer was delicious. There was caramel chocolate, banana chocolate, and margarita flavours... they were all so delicious but I think my favorite was the margarita.
We already booked Tabi for our wedding cake... she's the best!









This is all of our friends who were able to make it for supper (Chels and Warren also came later) with Aleksy taking the picture. We made bbqed chicken, and salmon and everyone brought a side dish to go with the chicken and salmon (salad, baked beans, pasta salad, veggie bake). Aleksy also pintrested a bunch of appetizers that we had before the supper which were very aesthetically pleasing and delicious.
Then I got to open my presents!! I got so many amazing things from all of my amazing friends and fam!! I am super lucky to know so many awesome people who are so thoughtful (people know me so well.. my wine rack is very full right now).
Cake time! I got a piece of each flavour... then later... at 3am, I ate what was left!
My Nikki got me my first bridal item (although Aleksy's sister also bought me bridal magazines!)... and I was very excited about this! These underwears say "Bride" on them... yay wedding!!
Whenever Aleksy and I are throwing a party, jello shooters are always a must! We made 4 packages of these goodies... and I made Steph hold one too (but she's actually going to pop any day now!).
This is the best that me and my sister could do for a picture of just us, we had many other takes which ended up having lots of people making faces in the background. This blurry take I think was the artwork of Aleksy... its even almost centred... good job Aleksy.
Girls shot! Minus Tabs and Steph who had to leave for baby reasons (one grumpy baby and one baby in the belly making Steph tired!). My Rachel has the cutest cupcakes PJs ever!

Group shot! Aside from our supper group shot, this is the best I have of most of us from my birthday party! What an amazing night!







No comments:

Post a Comment