Sunday, August 30, 2015

Baby C's Shower #2!

On August 23rd, baby C was showered again with gifts from family! This time around, Aleksys Mom and Aunt threw the shower for baby at the Lambeth lawn bowling centre with Aleksy's side of the family (along with my sister and Mom!). It was the same spot as my bridal shower and is really a great shower spot with lots of space, a kitchen with fridge and oven for food prep and the big windows show the bowling green! After this shower, we are so set for baby. We just spent our babies r us gift cards on the last few items and we now have everything we need for baby! Except diapers... but the (man) diaper party is coming up Sept 12!

I got a couple uses out of this dress during my pregnancy! It's not a maternity dress but still fits me appropriately in the front with the big ol' belly! I wore it to Aleksy's aunts wedding in Rhode Island back in June and it was still good for my August 23rd shower... I'm not gonna lie, I'm really looking forward to fitting into normal clothes again.

This was taken in the backyard just before leaving for the 1pm shower!
My Mom and Aleksy's Gran at the shower. You can see in this picture the rubber ducky centre pieces and truffles which were on all the tables. You can also see my special rubber ducky necklace that Aleksy's Mom and Aunt brought for me to wear! This way, when I gave hugs, we squeaked.
Baby bingo! In this little bag was a lot of Hersheys kisses, which were used as bingo markers and also for everyone to take home! And the little rubber ducky pictures were on each bag and they were all different pictures a draw was done later at the shower for a prize for the person who had the rubber ducky drawn.


















And the food!!! The food was delish with sandwiches and roll ups, quinoa salad, BLT potato salad, mini quiche, veggies, fruit, mousse (chocolate banana which was amazing!), my most favourite peanut butter brownie squares, and cheesecake! We took home some cheesecake, PB squares and they are long gone now. Although I haven't had any cravings this pregnancy, I have been treating myself and baby to extra treats!


Me and my sister! My sister and Mom came to both showers. Steph ran the Bingo game and helped me to write what gifts were given to me on the cards... such a huge help!

After both showers, we have all the things we need for baby: car seat, stroller, playpen, clothes, blankets, our baby bjorn, playmat & exersaucer, baby bath tub, the vibrating chair, and so much more. Feeling so good about baby coming!

We are so lucky to have had so much help from our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment