Saturday, August 22, 2015

Yoga Time!

For the past couple months I have been squeezing in a yoga session once a week into my routine. I am usually not a huge yogi but I have been informed that the stretching is really good for pregnancy and is good prep for labour so I am trying to keep up with it so my joints don't get rusty.

The reason I am not a huge yogi is because I am more of a gym girl and I feel like I missed a work out when I do yoga instead of something that makes me sweat and challenges my body. But because I don't go to the gym every day (I go usually about 3 times a week), it gives me something active to do on a no-gym day. Even at 33 weeks, I can still d lots of of my gym classes... this week I did boot camp and my step class. Just some modifications for abs and the laying down exercises. The big change at the gym is I can definitely no longer run on the treadmill... it feels like I have bricks in the lower region of my tummy when I try. But it feels good to keep working out even if there's lots of differences from what I used to be able to do!

I did an 8 week session through re birth centre last time around, which I liked because there was 15 minutes before each class where someone came to talk to the class about a topic (like birth photography, tree of life, placenta pills, and also some things that apply to me like keeping things positive instead of stressing over crazy labour stories). But re birth was a bit pricey at $120 for 8 sessions. I was going to sign up for it again, but Chels suggested I go to yoga shack, which I went to today for the first time. And I'm glad I did because I got 40 days for $40... way more reasonable than re birth! And now I have unlimited yoga to take me until baby comes (only 46 days until my due date)!




No comments:

Post a Comment