Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day as a Mom!

My first Mother's Day was pretty awesome... and busy!

On Friday, I started the weekend off with awesome weather and a downtown walk with a couple friends and their babies. I had to go downtown anyways because I needed to pick up my running shirt and number for my Mother's Day run!

We took a few pictures in the park downtown and I have to share my Logan loving the sunshine in his little sunhat and shorts! Logan isn't phased by the grass at all... bring it on!

We decided that because the Spring blossoms don't last forever that we would have a mini photo session in the park! Got a lot of awesome pictures of us and our cuties.
My Logan and me. After walking the trail toward the Children's Museum (Logan had some cranky in his pants and required the baby carrier for some of the walk. This is what happens when I forget his soother. For the second time!!), we headed back downtown and had some frappucinos outside. Plus they were half price. Score!


As always, my Friday evening consisted of my power barbell class, step class and some wine!

Saturday, we had a baby free evening and Aleksy and I went to supper at the Crossings pub while Auntie Steph watched the goober. Seriously delicious food there... and we had a groupon t make it a deal. It's all about the deals.

We also did A LOT of shopping this weekend!
On Sunday morning, we headed to Springbank park for my 5k run for Ovarian cancer. It started at 10am and we arrived just shortly before. I ran with Aleksy's cousin's wife.. my cousin in law? We did a run together the week before that was over 7 km so we were prepared and smashed the 5k out in half hour (ok... 32 minutes)! A great start to my Mother's Day! I also got a pretty pearl bracelet from my boys.
Aleksy and the goober man were both there to cheer us on and waited at the finish line for us! This is after the race. He was so happy and mesmerized by all the runners.

After a quick change, we then headed to brunch downtown at the Morrisey House with Aleksys family (and it was clearly my day because they were serving breakfast at noon) and right following that we had a turkey dinner back at our house for my Mom. The beauty of having temporary family roommates is that my sister cooked up the turkey and stuffing while we were out all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment