Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Food and Wine Show Shenanigans

I always have fun at the food and wine show, but this year was extra fun (maybe because I was pregnant last year as my comparison).

I didn't drive this year! So Paul drove us and dropped us off just after the doors had opened at 12pm. We were able to snap this picture 1) after we filled our glasses at the closest wine station to the entrance and 2) before these swings became super occupied as the crowds got bigger.

Not too bad for food and wine show photo opportunity!
We always tell ourselves that we have to remember to eat! Well, this year was one of those years that we needed the reminder. I think there was less food stations and this was the only plate that we ate while there. And that craft beer was sooo yummy and a nice change from the 10 glasses of wine!
We lined up for tickets at 1:30pm for the 2:30pm tasting and we were only able to get 3 tickets (we were a group of 6!) so we took the 3 tickets and decided that we would come back at 230 and hope that some people hadn't showed for the tasting. And good thing we did because someone gave us 3 more tickets! We couldn't all sit together but we got one table with 4 and then 2 sat at another table.

This was the first year I remember actually listening to what they were saying... maybe because we did the early one or maybe because it was only 2 to taste (or a combination of both those). But best thing.. they were prosecco! My favourite.
Loving the Luke Bryan cardboard picture.
Loving the Ryan Gosling cardboard picture by myself.. and almost losing my crew in the crowd!
And this is meal #2 of the food and wine show. Actually I think we wouldn't have even got this to eat but this was right before we were leaving around 4:30pm and had extra tickets to use! That is the 1 and only glass of red I had. I stuck with white the whole show with 1 beer to mix it up!
Group shot!
It isn't quite the same as the photobooths that they used to have where they would post the pictures online for us to access but we have to keep the photobooth tradition alive so we do this!
And I think we kept it pretty together this year... no missing our rides when they arrived, no losing my coat check ticket (ok I was sober and pregnant for that) and no feeling so sick I couldn't eat pizza (circa 2016).

No comments:

Post a Comment