Thursday, January 24, 2019

January Things

Every January is Aleksy's work party and as of lately there has been a theme each year. This year, they went with a Canada theme. They always do it nicely and have had a full sit down dinner at the Hilton the past few years with bar service.

I'm not exactly sure how bull riding fits the Canada theme but since I missed out last year, I had to do it this year. I thought Id be much better at it than I was... I had some serious ab spasms after and hurt my wrist. When did I get so fragile?! I did it twice and the first time is was 12 seconds and second was 18 (but I saved myself with my other hand a couple times so I dont know if that even counts!)

Matching! Why is matching so much fun... Black and red is totally a Canada thing (right?)
Photobooth fun every year...
We have a love connection with Ilderton and seem to always end up there! We probably are going to end up there when we buy another house! Weekends in January havent been super jam packed so we were looking for ideas for a kid friendly hike and came across this path in Ilderton.

This was totally comfortable January walking weather (not like the -25 of this week).

We packed the hot cocoa and adult beverages with some snacks and took a little bench break for them. Turns out Logan likes the all natural larabars and calls them chocolate bars (winning!). He had also taken a liking to hot chocolate recently... sounds weird but you know my kid... he doesn't even like juice.
And then the snow came! We had some backyard play with the sled and Leah loved her life!
And we made plans with our friends for a tobogganing morning! All these kiddos were not afraid to go down by themselves!
Logan borrowing his friend's GT snow racer. He loved this and talked about the yellow sled afterward... Santa may have taken notes on this for next year...
And sledding sin't complete without the good old fashioned wooden sled! Logan calls it the "log sled"
Sledding's the best.... for the adults and kids!

I swear the kids asked to go behind me ha!
Let's all go down and race at the same time... we only had a couple minor collisions... no biggie!

And this makes me so happy every time. When Aleksy is snow blowing, Logan gets his multipurpose lawn mower/snow blower out and follows him around to help. Seriously does not get cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment