Saturday, August 20, 2011

I LOVE weekends!!

So I'm still getting used to this whole having weekends to do whatever thing. And I LOVE it. I have worked 2 jobs and gone to school for my entire university career and it feels great to be on a "big people" schedule!

This past weekend wasn't jam packed with plans that we made with other people, so Aleksy and I spent hanging out and doing whatever. I'm not going to blog about the laundry I did, or when I scrubbed the bathtub, but we did make it out to the Fanshawe Conservation area to see what their hikes are like.

We did 2 out of the 4 trails. There were a couple parts of the hikes that were nice, but mostly it was like walking through a forest with a pathway created by a lawnmower. After hiking in the Australian blue mountains, Algonquin, and Tobermory, I wasn't too impressed by the scenery but nonetheless, it is nice and close being in London and its nice to walk around outside. Aleksy has suggested that the longer trail (22km) that he bikes at is nicer, so we'll likely try that one out before the summer ends! The water is definitely nice at the Conservation area though...




I also took my second stab at making Indian last weekend! I never have the energy to cook fancy meals durig the week after work, so I took advantage of having the weekend. The first time I made Indian, I used honey so it was a sweeter dish. This time I made it with chicken broth, crushed chilies and curry: DELIC. I was very impressed with how it turned out! Hopefully this will save us some money on take out when we're craving Indian food (which is a slight addiction because its SO flavourful).


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! :) Spending my weekends with you is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete